One of the most helpful features of Hudu is the ability to create powerful relationships between assets. You have the ability to map out your documentation and create an actionable breadcrumb so navigating large amounts of documentation is simple.
There are two primary ways of linking information in Hudu:
- Using the Related Items tab.
- Using Asset Links
The Related Items tab is the first and simplest way of relating between entities and can be found on the right-hand sidebar after clicking on an asset. It supports all entities outside of companies, whether it be an Article, Asset, Process, or Password inside or outside the company.
How to Relate Items
- Select the Company/Client Icon
- Navigate to the client of choice
- Select the Asset (or Article, Password, Client, and Websites)
- Choose the unique item
- On the right side of your chosen entity, you'll see this panel here
- Select + New
- Click the drop-down to display relationship options
- Choose which item you'd like to relate to the current open entity - in this example, Custom Asset
- Search for the desired item then press the + button
- Close Out
- To add more detail, select this edit button, here you can add more detail to the selected item. Delete the item by selecting the red trashcan item.
Use the check-box items to open the search to all companies &/or archived items
Why Use This?
Use the Related Items Tab for relations when:
- You want to link to other entities, such as Articles, Passwords, Processes, etc.
- You want inverse relations created between entities.
- Your related items require extended descriptions to make sense of why they are related.
- You don't want to have to create a field specifically for related items or don't have the required permission rights in order to create a new field.
Setting Asset Links
The Asset Links are usually the best option for simply relating company assets to each other.
How to Link
- Navigate to the Admin Tab
- Select Asset Layouts
- Choose the Asset you'd like to have items linked to
- Add a new field
- Assign the Asset Link as the field type
- Choose which Asset format will be able to link to this Entity
Creating an Asset Link
- Navigate to the Client you desire
- Select the Asset you assigned the link to
- Create or Edit an Asset and search for the desired linked item
When to use it
Use the Asset Tags for relations when:
- You are just linking to a specific Asset type. For example, locations or sites.
- You want to link potentially multiple assets together.