Hudu Permission Levels
From most restrictive to least restrictive, the roles are as follows:
- Portal. Can only see the features granted to them in the external sharing feature.
- Spectator. Can only view articles and assets.
- Author. Can write, edit, and archive articles and assets.
- Editor. Can write, edit, and archive articles and assets. Can also flag entities and share passwords.
- Admin. Can handle most administrative tasks, except for those with more repercussions (importing, billing, exporting, etc).
- Super Admin. Can handle ALL administrative tasks, including importing, billing, exporting, etc.
From here, spectators, authors, and editors can further be restricted by adding them to a Group.
Why Apply Permission Levels?
User roles are important to maintain security and consistency. Hudu has a large array of tools and due to the high customization options within Hudu, roles are assigned to mitigate accidents or malicious intent.
By limiting certain features to roles, administrators can include any employee level and worry less about individually managing the actions of each user. Beyond management, it also allows Administrators to grant increased autonomy to users.